Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SMASH: Julia aka Debra Messing's Style

I don't know if you are watching, but I am. The new show, SMASH, that is. It is truly a smash hit. Sorry, for the cliched pun, but its such a good show. I love, love everything about it. From the carefully selected stellar cast members to the plotline to the song and dance to the direction. Everything is very tastefully done. And, perhaps that is why the story remains interesting, and not predictable or boring or confusing (a la Playboy Club...wow, what a let down that was). I love Anjelica Huston's character as the producer of broadway shows. She is such a refined actress, and its great to watch her do her thing. I also enjoy Debra Messing's character Julia. I don't know how she does it but to see her play a rather serious role (eons away from her Will&Grace days) is a treat. And, the best part her costumes in the show.

Yes, the costumes. Although when you look at how the characters are dressed, nothing strikes you as Sex and the City bizarre chic, but there's something very appealing, comfortable and relate-able about their clothes. And, as I just mentioned, I love Julia's clothes. They keep her covered from head to toe, but they define her perfectly and reveal just enough about her. The black rimmed librarian glasses and huge furry scarves give her the geeky look but still keeping her sexy.

So, in this post, I would like to share some of Julia inspired looks and how you can make it work for you. Its conservative but totally flattering. Ya, flattering...that was the word I was looking for.

Julia's style:









Here is my take at her nerdy conservative chic style:


Debra Messing-Smash


Debra Messing Smash
Alrighty then...it was fun putting the outfits together. Again, they cover you from head to toe, but flatter you nonetheless. Oh, I am going to give the style a try one of these days, since it's still kinda' chilly out there!
Love,
Shhivika!

ps. I am late on this post...sorrry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment