Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Glamour Garbage Day!

Hope you lovely people had a lovely Valentine's with your spouse/parents/sibling/special someone! I had a good one too, thank you. Ok, the truth is my husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but we celebrate the day after. And, really, celebrate is probably not the right word. We actually just use this day as an excuse to indulge in some fine gastronomy excursions. If you know what I am saying! So,  along with our darling son, we went out on the 15th and ate yummy Italian food. That was our version of Valentine's Day or non-Valentine's Day - your call!

Moving on.

I have come to believe that it is ok to make mistakes. Doesn't matter if you are a celebrity, a political giant or a commoner. Mistakes are what makes the personality of the individual, and allow them to become better than who they are. Provided those mistakes don't hurt or cause pain (intentionally) to another. I mean there are times when "mistakes" can be used to conceal the real deal. Anywho, even seasoned fashion designers can make an "oopsie" sometimes. So, its ok, no big deal. Remember, when Ungaro signed up Lindsay Lohan for their collection? Shit happens, so what? The best thing to do is to keep moving forward than look back and stare at the poop.

When I saw this collection of Marc Jacobs (Fall 2012), I noticed the poop garbage and realized that Marc perhaps had one too many things on his plate, and somewhere something just pooped popped. I don't think its terrible, its just not at par with the style philosophy that the Marc Jacobs family of brands represents. But, hey, this is just my opinion, and I can be wrong. Or, mistaken. But, I am being honest. So there.

Tell me, what do you think?

Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear


Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear

I am all for creativity - I really am. But, the styling leaves me a bit flummoxed. The gianormous mad hatters are a bit too much for my taste and so is all that heavy layering (wow, it must be get really hot wearing all that). The skirts are purposefully left to be a bit wide and loose. Too much texture on texture.

But, there are some positive takeaways - the prints, and the wide buckle shoes (love!).

Muaah,
Shhivika


{photos courtesy Style.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment