Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where did that come from?

Thank God for museums. I mean what an inspiration powerhouses they are! You have the paintings, the artifacts, the architecture, and the clothes dating back to stone-age, and you wonder how stylish (or not so stylish) our ancestors were. Now,  I feel there is a deep connection between the arts and the clothes we wear. And, I don't mean that we walk around looking like an oil painting of some grass and trees, but more about how we can use the color combination, the print mixes and sometimes texture from the world of painting to be unique and trendy in our personal way. Oh, there is just so much to absorb and be inspired with. I am no expert (yet), but I can spot style when I see one.

Let me show you in pictures what I am reallllyyy trying to say. And, remember, styling is always about having fun, being a little dangerous, but truly having fun. See...

This...

...Translates to this

fashion inspirtation series
This look above is all about wearing and mixing bold colors! Color Blocking with the most bold colors!

And, then I saw this exhibition advertisement at the Met and I had an a-ha moment. I knew what I had to do with this inspiration...incorporate it!

FROM THIS

Duncan Phyfe: Master Cabinetmaker in New York

TO THIS...You See,   you see!


prada glasses

Enough Said!
Enjoy your week dearies!
Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment