Sunday, November 6, 2011

Albino, Maiyet, Vionnet and Brood: Feel their love

Ever since I laid my eyes on their designs, I have been day dreaming about how wonderful it would be if, by luck, these designers came up to me and asked me to wear their clothes. They would send me an outfit for each day of the week, and because I am talking about four fabulous designers, it would mean four outfit changes in a day. How divine!

But here's how I chanced upon these secret geniuses. As I was researching for my post on fashion garbage, I landed on their collection, and was ready to plunder their stuff, when I stopped on my tracks on the very first outfit. Would I have committed a sin by tagging their collection as garbage, I wondered and then immediately went on to thank God for my fashion antenna beeping loud and clear.
Because they are still hushed-hushed about, I am going to scream about them to all of you, and hoping that you would do the same to your friends - scream at them about these fashion finds forces.

They are a bunch and you will love them. Or you won't. But either ways, you will thank me (or you won't) for introducing them to you.

ALBINO
If you are in a drabby state with your clothes, pick any of Albino's jewel toned or printed dress and be merry. His cuts are sporty and futuristic, but retain an elegant charm that is sure to linger on - just like your favorite perfume.

Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Albino Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

MAIYET
You have to know that this label is all about promoting community development through its clothes. But, at the same time, its also a smart business idea. Created by a South African human rights lawyer, Maiyet brings together artisans from developing countries in creating a luxury collection that is beautiful and world changing at the same time.

Maiyet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Maiyet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Maiyet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Maiyet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear'

Maiyet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Maiyet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

VIONNET
The designer Rodolfo Paglialunga had me at the butterflies. And, then I noticed how stunning were the clothes on the models as well. The colors are rich and nicely contrasted, the cuts are classic yet there is a bit of sexiness thrown in, and all the outfits just speak of yesteryear's elegance, which seems to be making a comeback finally.

Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Vionnet Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

BROOD
Designer Serkan Serier is no stranger to haute couture, and he does not want to fool you with his brand name. He means serious fashion stuff, and has the goods to prove it. After having honed his skill at Giambattista Valli and Carolina Herrera, he has clearly made his mark on how he wants to dress up the female species. Let's just say, he has a knack for that. Ombre effects on colors, textured fabric, edgy silhouette, and sporty vibe define his capsule collection, which is everything a fashionable chick would want to get her dirty claws on.

Brood Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Brood Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Brood Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Brood Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Brood Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear  Brood Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Do you know of a hidden fashion gem? Let's exchange notes, chit chat over a hot cup of coffee. What say?

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment