Saturday, October 29, 2011

MMMMMM Mistake

Today my son ate m/m, by mistake. I screamed, flailed my hands in mid air, ran to my son, put my finger in his mouth to extricate the remaining chocolate candy, and then my baby cry. It made me feel bad and responsible. Was I not good at cleaning the house? Why did I not notice it before he did? Am I not a good mother? I almost cried, but then Kartik gently hugged me and told me to not be so hard on myself. Thank God it was only m&m, he reminded me, and with that, my anxiety subsided a little.

And then.

And, then I started thinking. And, oh lordy, the thoughts train really stormed my brain mind. And, then a few minutes later it dawned on me. Wait for it - yes, my a-ha! moment. So, it dawned on me that I would have a million such silly and worrisome moments, and I possibly could not drive myself insane with each situation. Or else, I would truly end up being a bad mom. I need to learn how to take such inadvertent situations in my stride, think positive and continue doing my best. Because the minute I question my capabilities as a mother, I am allowing my son's well being to be questioned as well. And, I would never ever let that happen. Not a chance darling!

So then.

So, then when something like this happens again (although I would really not like anything such to happen), I promise to stay calm, make sure my son is doing fine, don't jump to conclusions and stop being judgmental on myself. Yeah, that's the key.

Had any such situations you would like to share? Maybe I can be bit more wise on such things!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment