Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lipstick and Blush; Oh, they give me a rush!

The American stock market (DJIA, S&P 500 and NASDAQ) rose third day in a row on the speculation that Europe will be able to resolve its debt crisis after all. As you may or may not know, that the Euro zone was is was is under deep threats of a default (ie, not being able to pay back their financial obligations), and the country in focus is Greece. Germany just made an announcement that they will do whatever it takes to avoid the bankruptcy of Greece, and is working to regain the confidence of investors so that they can fund the debt that is owed by Greece. Did you know, if the funding is not available on time, Greece will run out of money by mid-October? Well, hopefully, that never happens, and we all can ride the upswing in the market. Also, the whole world benefits from Europe's optimistic outlook and recovery, because after all we are talking global economy here. So, yeay, for investor confidence and yeay yeay market risings!

Which does not bring me to this.

I have been meaning to put together a Makeup Lookbook for fall for sometime now. But, then, my son, fashion research, and daily chores got in the way, and it kept falling back. Until, I did a post on dark lips. And then I decided that had to do something about the beauty lookbook, even if it meant me killing some of my precious zzzzz sleep hours.

 So, my darlings, here I am, sharing with you what I have been lusting for, so far. I personally believe that the fall season is just perfect to show off that deep gorgeous tones of browns and berries. The chilly weather paired with little or no sunlight can do wonders on your skin. Yes, you read that right. What it allows you to do is play around with bronzers to highlight that glow on your skin, sparkle your eyes with beautiful shades of brown and gold. With eyes being sparkled, you have to set the lips on fire, and you can do it with rich shades of berry, plum and coffee. Don't forget the nails! Holding a latte in your hand, you show off the deep brown nails on you fingers and act all model-esque. Oh, and bring it all together with a nice, but a bit strong, perfume. Don't take a bath in it, just spray it lightly on your pulse points, as these are the warmest points on the body. And, these points are:

  • Wrist
  • Behind the knee
  • Behind the ears
  • Nape of neck
Ta daaaa.....


Makeup Guide for Fall
So, tell me darlings, what's your beauty indulgence for fall? What's keeping you awake at night because you haven't bought that blush/lipstick/eye shadow yet? 

Love!


*** UPDATE:  I had promised you I would share with you how I rocked the whole "dark lips" look...here it is! Hope you like it : )



Forever 21 "duck" printed top; MAC lipstick in Deep Brown Red with a dab of nude lipgloss from Estee Lauder

No comments:

Post a Comment