Friday, September 16, 2011

Fashion Week had a funny guy

Well, I don't mean funny as in funny joking crazy way, but someone who had a sense of humor. I personally feel, that whatever your field of interest or passion, humor should always underline it. If not over-the-top jokester kind of funny, then atleast something that makes the curves of you lips curl up in a smile. Make your eyes shine brighter. Because then the world would look like such a beautiful place to be in.

So, when I was perusing fashion week collections by the designers, I came across one collection that really curled up the curves of my lips. That too on a day when I was having such a hard day running around my babyroo who was throwing major tantrums-crankiness-yells-cries-all packaged into an exhausting bundle, which was just way way hard for me to handle.

And, when I saw Thom Browne's collection, I just had to scream "goofy" with a huge grin on my face. Browne is an American menswear jokester designer who presented a twisted, funky menswear inspired collection for women. The clothes were a juxtaposition of prints and cuts that screamed "notice my suspenders holding on the my pant's dear lives?" or "I can mix stripes and checks better than you." Browne mentioned that the inspiration came from old movies, and you could very well see that in the styling. I just loved the makeup, the gigantic pearl strings, the round glasses and the crab claw-hands. Yes, loong crab-claw hands! The outfits were pure fantasy, but as trend puritans, we can surely seek to steal some pointers/ideas here and there. Huh? Huh?


Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
notice the low riding pants and skirt

Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

And, then there were these purely awesome creations...no, really awesome. Nothing funny about them. Umm, although those glasses are kinda' funny. The lady in right is probably thinking : Ah, I got lucky. Them other models are strutting the half-assed (literally) pants and skirts, and here I am sitting, looking all hot, like, err, umm, mermaid. Oh, and these glasses hide my droopy eyes from all that drinking the night before, but hey, atleast I am smiling.

Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Thom Browne Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

And, is that a smile I notice on your face too?

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment