Friday, August 26, 2011

Touching my Fashion Roots

I am very picky about my Indian dresses. Yes, I love the colors, the extensive embroidery, glitter and the thick ornate vibe that is exudes, I however, cannot just wear anything. Recently, there was a fashion week held in India, and I followed the designers there very closely. Although I have my all time favorites, there has been a new batch that has been slowly knocking on my heart, and slyly caressing at my wallet :)
First, my all time favorite fashion designers from India:

  • Ritu Kumar
  • JJ Vallya
  • Wendell Rodricks
  • Rina Dhaka
  • Meera and Muzaffar Ali
  • Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla
  • Ashish Soni
  • Sabyasachi (relatively new-er)
  • Rohit Bal
Newcomers that I am loving:
  • Kallol Datta
  • Masaba
  • Drashta
  • Preeti S Kapoor
  • Pero by Aneeth Arora
Now, it wouldn't be fair if I did not share with you their works. But, because the post will be endless if I share them all, I will break this into two. The first series will focus on my picks from the latest designers...three looks of each designer that I am really really digging. The second series will celebrate my love for my all time favorite designers. How's that?

Kallol Datta

 

loving the print...

Masaba

 


Drashta

 


Preeti S Kapoor 
{I like her traditional clothes. Very opulent, elegant and lust-worthy! Notice the details...so many of them! Sorry, sharing more than three looks, because, well, I just had to!}





As they say, when in doubt, go for color, and if still in doubt, go for embroidery! So true my friends, so true.

Pero by Aneeth Arora

 

 

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment