Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Next Big Designer: Pedro Lourenco

I almost laughed when I heard about a 19 year designer (another young blood) playing with leather in his very first collection. Silly me!

See for yourself...

Pedro Lourenço Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

Pedro Lourenço Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Fall 2010 RTW

Let me introduce you to Pedro Lourenco, the Brazilian hot-shot designer, who wooed us with a sense of modern forms and architectural mastery in his clothes. Could it be that it was just a beginner's luck when he designed his first collection (above)? I was skeptical.

And, then I saw his Spring 2011 RTW collection, and knew right away that my skepticism was a waste of time. This kid knows what he is doing, and it just amazes me that he has found his passion this early in life. And it shows.

Pedro Lourenço Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Pedro Lourenço Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Pedro Lourenço Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Spring 2011 RTW
My Notes: The futuristic silhouettes are truly mesmerizing. Especially the  gown on the left on the second row...reminds me of optic fibers. Again, a differentiated play on leather and enjoying the sneaky cut-outs. Oh, and love the shoes! Very trendy and totally lust-worthy! The hair and make-up are playing well with the whole futuristic vibe of the collection. Am impressed, Mr. Lourenco. And, how old are you again?? 


And the proverbial buck doesn't stop just here...keep your eyes glued to the screen, and gently scroll down for more

Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

 Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Pedro Lourenço Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Fall 2011 RTW
My Notes: The make up and hair do are perhaps intentionally kept simple so as to not take away from the masterpieces that are the clothes. I  am loving the cut-outs, in different forms, throughout the collection. And,  how dream is that cashmere top.  The off-shoulder dress in diagonal stripes reminds me of the 80's and is such a trend-on design. I can see myself wearing the leather pants in bright colors for the fall. Fall, this year, is all about making a statement with color! Love love love!

And still the buck does not stop here...a-a-a! keep your eyes glued to the screen, don't get distracted and keep rolling the ball on the mouse to scroll down

Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012 Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012

Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012 Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012
 Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012 Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012

Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012 Pedro Lourenço Resort 2012
Resort 2012
My Notes: There's so much to be said about these digitized printed shifts - loving the stark contrast of parrot colors on white and then some color blocking. The leather panels are magnetized so they can be easily flipped out to reveal patterns inside. Very clever! I love how uniquely cut and styled the outfits are. The colors and prints are a standout. And, I am hooked on to the sandals. So barely there - tied to the feet with a thread. Almost sensuous!

Phew! Yes, we are done. And, I am telling you, this lil' young boy man is destined to make it big. I just have this feeling.

Now, am off to scope more of the outstanding talent we have hidden out there...
Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment