After coming back from her apartment, I played with my son a bit, fed, gave him a bath and then put him to sleep. All this while, I could not stop thinking about Rits and her
I hate to admit, but I guess I was wayyyy wrong and presumptuous in my thinking.
And, I found a feature on Elledecor.com that was pretty much nailing my search to the 'T' and putting an end to my disgust with a "D". (Bad pj, Shivika, bad bad! )
Anyways, so here's the stuff, darlings, that may or may not change your perception...
How scrumptious and elegant does the dining/library corner look, and yes its black - a very nice shade of black?
Another formal area done impeccably --- see, not bad, eh?
Hmm, black kitchen cabinets with crimson walls - gohrgehous!
Ahh, the bedroom! I finally get to see the glamour being added by the wall....oooh!
Heck, even the design studio/office of famous shoe designer Brian Atwood has a black wall! ok, people, I am making a Home Depot trip tomorrow...enough said!
Here are some beautiful shades of black (yes, I said shades...go figure :))
by Martha Stewart
Black Swan by BEHR
Night Shade by BEHR: Has a beautiful blue undertone
Mouse Ears by Disney: a very soft black
Other ideas for using the black color in/around your home:
- paint that old table lying in the corner stacked with bounty and toilet paper into a gorgeous console table, voila!
- a brass lamp can get a facelift with a spray on to go beautifully with your coffee colored walls
- accent wall in the bathroom anyone?
- paint the garage door a deep shade of shiny black and watch your garage come to life
- how about just the window trims, huh huh?
Do you have any suggestion on how we can use black paint to glamorize? Please share..