Friday, July 22, 2011

GLAMOUR GARBAGE -SOMETHING SOMETHING

There's glamour and then there is glamour -garbage -concoction- something- something.  In other words, trends/silhouettes that I will never come to understand (or wear).  I am sure you have had moments when you looked at a certain designer's collection and went WTF! Right? Right? So, celebrating that Effness, let me share with you a joyous (read that brutal) ride I took with some rather unique and "different" fashion pieces from big name fashion houses.

Comme des Garçons Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Yes, I know this is Comme des Garcon. And I love the brand, but a leather garbage bag? Please!! And, what about that trash in the hair, what/whose leftover is that?

Commuun Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
This outfit involves 3 sets of garbage bags, there's the regular half a gallon bag, Glad's Force Flex at the bottom, and the industrial strength as the jacket. I love being unique, but I don't want anyone throwing me a banana peel!!

Hussein Chalayan Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Hussein Chalayan...I love you, but can you dress me up in something more, err, umm, fitting feminine ?

Manish Arora Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
[Manish Arora]
First off, I will never be able to get my hair in that perfection...ever, and secondly, yes, i understand the times are tough, but c'mon, a jacket with one arm...really?

Suno Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
[Suno Fall 2011]
I like the print, and that's just about where it ends for me! And, I like the print because it reminds me of my grandma's outfit...mustard was her fav color and she was my fav person in the world. Oh, and how sexy would you look in a dress with no arms!! hmmm...

Frank Tell Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
[Frank Tell Fall 2011]
You see the man on the right of the homeless woman model? He's the bouncer who is stopping the crowd from creating a ruckus! They want their money back for the show! And, is this even a designer outfit? Is there an actual real designer behind this furry combat something something?

VPL Pre-Fall 2011
[VPL Pre-Fall 2011]
So, the dress got stuck in the washing machine for wayy too long and lost all its firmness! Perfect! Because now, this loosy poosy thingy can be worn for a catwalk session! And, don't forget to hide the laundry detergent in the hoodie's pockets. Neat!

And, do you know there are some real life people who wear chronic garbage fashion pieces in an effort to look non generale (cue French accent here)? A mini open letter to them:

Dear Who Who,
I love that you are exercising your creative/artistic freedom, but please note there are adults around whose eyesight and sense of self can be easily offended.


Muaah!

elle-china-11.jpg
Zhu Zhu



Baba


Wearing that - no wonder she wanted to kill herself or maybe it was the Taxi Driver who wanted that! *Snicker snicker*



Its wax! Its paint! Its yeti! No, its the Garbage Bag engulfing a human!


If life sucks, make sure your clothes don't!! (Just, made that mantra up)
Next Friday: more of the garbage and how it can be trashed out..you will know more when you see/read it.

Love!!!

{Images courtesy Styl.com and Jak&Jil}



ps. still working on the design of the blog, so please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment