Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sander oh Sander oh Simons

When I came across Jill Sander's Spring 2011 collection, I didn't know what to love more. The dresses, the colors, the silhouettes or the genius that is Raf Simons! As a fashion curious girl of thirteen growing up in India, I got my education on Vivienne Westwood, Adrienne Vitaddini, Bill Blass, Anna Sui, and Jill Sander from the Fashion Runway show that aired on Star TV in the 90s. I was smitten and wanted to morph my oh-so-boring-and-totally-uncool wardrobe into the shiny Westwood skirts, Vitaddini pants, Blass blazer, Sui dresses and Sander everything! I was in love, and tried my very best to concoct my own versions of these fashiony clothes. Did I succeed? Heck yeah, umm, I mean, I was able to tear the monogram on my school's blazer and replace it with a sparkly heart! And, so on...

Ok then darlings, without further delay, ogle at your own expense, if you haven't already:

Jil Sander Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Good to wear at a formal dinner, white and navy combo is my favorite. Cannot go wrong with this at all

Jil Sander Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
same as above, but kicking it hard with the cut and color...loooove! (swoon) Dare: go shopping at farmer's market in this beauty


Jil Sander Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
uh-huh, yeah, good for rocking it at, say, a magazine party 

Jil Sander Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
love the harem-ness feel of this smooth long skirt (candidate for Man Repelling ??)...a super outfit to be worn at a film festival or a formal dinner

Jil Sander Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
yowza - and notice the bags! It has party written all over it, umm, or for that matter, a daytime lunch in the Hamptons...

Check out more of Simons' magic here.

I have so much more to talk and share on fashion with you. You with me so far??

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment