Saturday, June 25, 2011

Meandering(s) of Mind

The weather was, let's say, rather balmy today. Sun played hide and seek with the clouds, the wind danced unapologetically around leaves, and I stood there, at the edge of the pier, behind the railings, in silence . It was one of those days where I felt overwhelmed with things in my life, where just nothing seemed to make any cosmic sense. I tried to hide tears rolling from the corner of my eye because I didn't want anyone to see, and because I am very protective about them. I tend to hold my hurt tight in my heart, until I cannot breathe and then I eventually release it like some limited edition pieces - once every six months.
You see, silence is very powerful. I don't know if you have experienced it in its entirety, but I can tell you this much, it can make or break you. Thankfully, this time around, it made me.
It made me realize that its ok to be overwhelmed, that sometimes things don't have to make sense, and that I can let go of my hurt. Breathe, I told my heart and it listened. I snapped out of the trance feeling light and free. As I started to walk back home, the wind danced unapologetically around me.
When I reached my apartment and opened the door, there was a menu card lying on the floor. I picked it up, and was about to throw it, when I saw the words and burst out in a loud, almost snorting, laugh!

I am so glad that this is how it all ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment